Step 4: Submit your list or single telephone numbers
Check a List of Numbers
- Save a list of your telephone numbers in the first column/field of your file – and
‘Save As’ a .csv (comma separated value – recommended) or a .txt (text) file format.
- Please ensure that your numbers meet the following criteria:
- Include the area code e.g. 01451 860805 or 1451860805 i.e. with or without a
leading zero and with or without spaces.
- Please remove extension numbers e.g. x2345 or any other digits after the
- Include only one telephone number per record. The checker cannot screen
multiple numbers in the same cell/field e.g. 07802861197/01451860805.
- Don’t worry about including text or non-numeric characters e.g. ()-?/ etc.
as the checker will ignore these and only check numbers 0-9.
- It’s OK to include international dialling codes e.g. +44 or 0044.
The checker will remove these for the purposes of screening only.
- Log into your Account. Select ‘Check a list of numbers’ and then change the
reference number if you would like to. You can use the ‘CC Email Copy’ box to add an
email address to send your results to an alternative email address. Then click the
‘Browse’ button to select your file of numbers and click the ‘Upload File and
Generate Email’ button to start the automated check.
- You can include addtional data in addition to phone number e.g. reference numbers.
Please add this data in fields 2, 3, 4 etc. reserving field 1 for the telephone
number. The C/TPS flags will be appended to the right hand side of the fields you
- The checker does not remove any of your records. The output (or 'Modified' file)
will contain your complete list of numbers, in the same sequence. This means that
you can cut and paste the output directly into a speadsheet if you're using one.
Check a Single Number
- Log in to your Account and click on ‘Check a single number’ to check one or more
numbers one at a time via your web browser.
- Enter the telephone number that you would like to check in the box shown and click
- The results of your check will be displayed on screen to indicate whether the number
is registered and to which register it has matched – and whether it is ‘safe’ to
call or ‘do not call’.
The system retains a record of every number you check, providing you
with a audit trail. To view this information, once logged in, click on the 'Account